//Mike Ulm is an Illustrator at Columbia College Chicago with a focus on Comic Book + Concept Art and interests in conventions, film, music, and character design.
Michael strives to use his art for world building: using his detail-oriented style + expressive lines to create work that engages his audiences + pushes creative thinking. Some influences he utilizes to accomplish this are his studies in anthropology as well as sociology,
Some of his success has been shown over his experience as an illustrator with his comic "Banders Robs a Bank" being featured + published in Columbia's annual comic anthology "Linework Volume 8", the work he features and sells at ShopColumbia, his position as Treasurer in the Illustration Student Group in college, + the 5 on his AP Studio Art portfolio.
He accomplishes his art through a variety of mediums, including digital (Procreate/Photoshop), traditional medias usually conisisting of ink + marker, and through experimentations in creative writing which he channels into his narratives.
/ Portfolio + References Available Upon Request.
- Clients include: Internet Today, Moon Miner Film, Charlie Curtis-Beard, + Java Productions.
- Best Digital Illustrator- Awarded by IC3 December 2018
- Praxis Sketchbook Show- January 2019
- Featured art at PocketCon, Art Harvest, Comicopolis, CAKE, ColumCon, and Chicago Zine Fest
- Production Assistant & Featured Artist-Glass Curtain Gallery 2018 Portrait Show
- Illustration Student Group Treasurer- Spring 2018-Present
- Illustration Student Group Card Sales- Contributing Artist + Tabling artist-Fall 2017-Present
- ShopColumbia "March of Miniatures"- Gallery Artist- March 2018
- Linework Vol. 8- Published Illustrator + Comic Artist-Spring 2018
- Nominee for "Best New Illustrator"- Columbia College Chicago IC3-Fall 2017
// MY LINKS